1/2 Dozen Organic Carrot Cupcakes: Yields 6 cupcakes (creams, fillings not included)
What you need – we recommend organic ingredients. Use what you have available. (For full batch mix, double the following measurements.)
Organic carrots, shredded – 1/2 cup
Organic coconut milk (do not substitute with another plant milk) – 1/3 cup
Organic apple sauce – 1/3 cup
Organic extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oil – 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
Organic apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
Vanilla extract – 1/2 Tbsp
Spring/Filtered water (for flax egg) – 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
- Separately prepare the flax egg in a small bowl by mixing ground flax (included in a separate container within mix) + water into a slurry. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add in flax egg.
- Evenly divide batter into lined cupcake pans, about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 minutes. (bake until the batter rises.)
- Warning: every oven is different. Please keep an eye on your baking time. Yours may require less or more time. When you notice that amazing smell of fresh cake, and the batter has risen, it is most likely done baking!
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.
- Layer with your favorite frosting, icing and fillings. Store in the refrigerator or freezer for shelf life.
- Decorate with your choice of creams and fillings (not included).
Organic Carrot Cupcake Mix
Organic almond flour, organic house-milled oat flour, organic coconut sugar, organic cinnamon, organic nutmeg, sea salt, baking soda