1/2 Dozen Organic Chocolate Cupcakes: Yields ~ 6 chocolate cupcakes (creams, fillings not included)
What you need – we recommend organic ingredients. Use what you have available. (For full batch mix, double the following measurements.)
Organic brazil nut (or other plant) milk – 1/2 cup
Organic apple sauce – 1/2 cup
Organic extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oil – 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
Organic apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
Vanilla extract – 1/4 tsp
Spring/Filtered water (for flax egg) – 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
- Separately prepare the flax egg in a small bowl by mixing ground flax (included in a separate container within mix) + water into a slurry. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips on a double-boiler at low-medium heat. (Or microwave 20 seconds at a time until melted. Do not burn chocolate!)
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add in flax egg.
- Evenly divide batter into lined cupcake pan, filling about 3/4 to the top
- Bake in at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 minutes. (until the batter rises)
- Decorate with your choice of creams and fillings (not included).
Organic Chocolate Cupcake Mix
Chocolate Cupcake Mix
Organic almond flour, organic house-milled oat flour, organic coconut sugar, organic cocoa powder, sea salt, baking soda, organic coconut-sweetened chocolate chips (organic unsweetened chocolate, organic palm sugar, organic coconut butter)