Organic Carrot Cake: Yields two 9-inch layers (creams, fillings not included)
What you need – we recommend organic ingredients. Use what you have available.
Organic carrots, shredded – 1 cup (120 g)
Organic coconut milk (do not substitute with another plant) – 2/3 cup (148 g)
Organic apple sauce – 2/3 cup (147 g)
Organic extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oil – 1/3 cup (57 g)
Organic apple cider vinegar – 2 tsp (5 g)
Vanilla extract – 1 Tbsp (8.7 g)
Spring/Filtered water (for flax egg) – 1/3 cup (75g)
- Separately prepare the flax egg in a small bowl by mixing ground flax + water into a slurry. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add in flax egg.
- Evenly divide batter into 2, oiled 9” cake pans, smooth tops.
- Bake in 9” pans at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 minutes. (If you decide to turn this into a 3-layer cake, bake for less time. If you’d like to bake these into cupcake liners, bake for about the same time until the batter rises.)
- Warning: every oven is different. Please keep an eye on your baking time. Yours may require less or more time. When you notice that amazing smell of fresh cake, and the batter has risen, it is most likely done baking!
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.
- Layer with your favorite frosting, icing and fillings. Store in the refrigerator or freezer for shelf life.
- Decorate with your choice of creams and fillings (not included).
Organic Carrot Cake Mix
Organic almond flour, organic house-milled oat flour, organic coconut sugar, organic cinnamon, organic nutmeg, sea salt, baking soda